Morning Activities:
I got up around 7 to shower and get ready to go to breakfast by 8. I had a delicious breakfast of bacon, yogurt, fruit, and orange juice. After breakfast, I had some downtime in my room before the group met up at 9am to begin walking to the subway 🚇 Luckily, the metro was only about a 10 minute walk from our hotel. The weather was also moderate which I enjoyed. At the Metro Station, we hopped the first car on the blue line. We rode 9 stops to Tacuba where we transferred to the orange line. 3 more stops then we got off at Auditorio to begin our walk to Museo Nacional de Anthropología.
Museo Nacional de Antropologia:
We walked as a group to Museo Nacional de Antropologia in time for our 10:00 AM admission time. Our groups joined free tours in Spanish and English. I did the tour in Spanish to continue to better my Spanish. Although the tour only lasted an hour, I learned so much about Mexican history. Because the museum is huge, I didn't have time to walk the entire thing. I really enjoyed seeing original and restored pieces from both the Mishika (Aztec) and Mayan eras.
I used Google Translate to live translate while my tour guide was speaking. Some highlights are:She mentioned things like understanding how fashion and beauty practices insist that facial features are developing and unique but this does not apply to all Mexicans.
From google translate: "And there's Mayan, like Palenque, like Tikal in Guatemala, like Yaxchilan in Mexico, it would be formed if the bulk of the population is the working social class. No we don't openly talk about slaves"
The museum also had a delicious cafe where I indulged in cheese soup and churros!
Museo de Arte Moderno:
After concluding at Museo Nacional de Antropologia, Kianna and I walked through the park near the museum, picking up a few souvenirs. We then found a spot to sit and watch the World Cup on my phone until we were ready to meet up with other group members as the Museum of Modern Art. I absolutely loved this museum. It was unreal to see The Two Frida's up close. I was able to see all of the Modern Art Museum but I would happily return.
Watching the World Cup while we wait to go to the Modern Art Museum.







No comments:
Post a Comment